I used to grow a lot of Euphorbias, but not I grow only the milii and milii-type Euphorbias. They're so great because I've always got some in bloom, and some literally bloom all year round. I wanted to share a few of my favorites...

Here are two of the giant Thai hybrids (I only have room for a couple!):

And these are my favorites of the regular sized:

This one is E. milii v. lutea, the blooms form rows:

And this is one that usually has solid red flowers, but got this weird one. I was told by a Euphrobia expert it's because the flowers are actually altered leaves, which means this one didn't form quite right:

Anyone else care to show their Crown of Thorns? I never tire of looking at them!

Denise in Omaha

Views: 1752

Replies to This Discussion

I do have one plant and I just love it. It blooms nearly all the time. Thanks for sharing. Yours are beautifull.

I can't remember who but someone posted a picture of their Crown of Thorns just a few days ago,I posted on it that someone was looking for one but naturally I couldn't remember your name then either,but w/ some luck you might find it. Sorry I can't remember pertinent info.

This plant is absolutely gorgeous. Could I grow it in zone 7 and is it a houseplant or a perennial for outside?The blooms are so lovely.

I've never seen crown of thorns but everyone I've seen on here are so pretty and some are so huge and full.

These are lovely, Denise!  Have grown these twice thru the years.  Each one lived many years and then died...not sure of life span.  Easy to propagate from cuttings for friends, too.  Mine were always coral blooms but were abundant and really enjoyed them.  A GS friend sent me some cuttings but had to move soon after and they didn't and sadly didn't make it...

RSS

Latest Activity

Lorraine Smith Pacific NW commented on Linda Damiano's photo
Thumbnail

Our Cactus

"A beautiful scene."
yesterday
Linda Damiano's photo was featured

Outside plants & Trains

A beautiful display of lights, flowers & plants..
yesterday
Linda Damiano posted photos
yesterday
Klara left a comment for Lorraine Smith Pacific NW
"Hi Lorraine and thank you for the welcome. I am trying to find my way around the website at the moment, learning. I'll be glad to help you with your orchids, let me know. Regards"
Friday

© 2014   Created by Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service