I didn't take this pic, I will still have to insert my own =)  Just thought this was pretty neat.  It was posted from the Chelsea flower show.

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view.  ~H. Fred Dale

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.  My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.  The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.  ~Abram L. Urban

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.  ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy.  ~Astrid Alauda

Views: 384

Replies to This Discussion

Serene with a  touch of absurd, Love it. As an art for  I love nudes besides flowers ane  photography, so right up my ally.

Green is one of my favorite colors, because to me it represents life! 

Great pic, Kay!  :)

Oregon grass fields grow so green in Feb and March. The grass is grown for seed.

AN ancient sycamore tree on our property.

Cucumber
Attachments:

RSS

Latest Activity

Scott commented on Beth M Z6/Pa's group Name This Plant, Flower, Bush, Tree...???
"Ixia - The genus Ixia consists of a number of cormous plants native to South Africa from the Iridaceae family. Some distinctive traits include: sword-like leaves, and long wiry stems with star-shaped flowers"
2 hours ago
Marianne Konka commented on Grant, Scottsdale,Arizona Zone 9's group Houseplants
"Thank you Keryn, you obviously are fertilizing just right!  Mine are indoors, but it has been a relatively cool summer.  I will try just a little fertilizer.  At least the plants look healthy and still alive!"
3 hours ago
Clare Oliva commented on Keryn, USDA Zone 10 Australia's photo
Thumbnail

Ribes Sanguineum, Flowering Current

"80 degrees F in the first month of spring? We're lucky if it gets to be 65 degrees F in April, which is our first month of spring."
4 hours ago
Clare Oliva commented on Keryn, USDA Zone 10 Australia's photo
Thumbnail

Unknown bulbs

"That's interesting, Keryn. They do look a bit like gladioli, except the gladioli we have here don't make all of those leaves. (The leaves definitely remind me of irises)"
4 hours ago
Clare Oliva commented on Clare Oliva's photo
Thumbnail

Pinky Winkies Are Almost All Pink Now

"Will do, Keryn. I'm enjoying every minute until the winter traps us inside."
4 hours ago
Clare Oliva commented on Clare Oliva's photo
Thumbnail

Early Fall Color

"I hear you, Lorraine. Three or four years ago, we had a surprise snowstorm at the end of October. (That's VERY unusual for this area.) The leaves were still on the trees and the heavy snow made many branches break. We lost three 7-year-old…"
4 hours ago
Juliet Wilson commented on Barb Z-7b Okla's group BackYard Retreats
"Really nice chill out spot. With the heat here this summer and a new granddaughter I haven't been able to do anything."
4 hours ago
Keryn, USDA Zone 10 Australia commented on Grant, Scottsdale,Arizona Zone 9's group Houseplants
"I don,t fertilize very much, under trees mostly because the trees take from the plants under them. I use a week naturally manure liquid that I make in a 40 Lt container. Put a bit of manure in the bottom of container and fill with water and let…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Community Manager.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service